RE: gFortran problem compiling complex character strings

Hi, Eljay:

> Since his line was 73 characters long, it was one character
> too long for the
> 72 character default.

Sorry , I was unclear, what I meant was: why DIDN'T it fail to compile
in g77?
(i.e. why did it work for Colin previously?)

Unless some flags were used that were not mentioned in the original
post, shoudn't the 73-character line fail just as much whether it's
compiled with  g77 or gfortran, because of that same punchcard-style
statement requirement?

Thanks
Robert