Sub lib compatibility with g++

Hello

I am trying to make use of a 3rd party archive C++ library that was compiled with Sun compiler. This is evident from the some of the name mangling that I can see within the .o files. I do not have the source code for this lib.

I am using my C++ program to call into this library but my code is being compiled with gcc/g++.
Clearly my program doesn't link successfully with the 3rd party lib. (due to diffferences in name mangling)

I understand that gcc C++ and Sun Studio C++ are not ABI compatible, but was wondering if there is anything at all I can do to get around this problem, short of requesting for a gcc compiled 3rd party lib and/or I having to change my compiler to Sun Studio.

I have access to the sun compiler and sun C++ runtime.
For instance - Is it possible to set some options to gcc to indicate - make use of the Sun name mangling style ?

Would greatly appreciate some help, even if there is no way to do this. I can then pursue other means of using this 3rd party lib - so in that regard want to be able to rule out that I cannot use the gcc/g++ compiler.

Thanks

Looking for last minute shopping deals?