Re: reduce compilation times?

For example look at this paragraph in that link:

>To create a precompiled header file, simply compile it as you would any
other file, if necessary using the -x option to make >the driver treat it as
a C or C++ header file. You will probably want to use a tool like make to
keep the precompiled header >up-to-date when the headers it contains change.

I can not understand it. My little understanding is, I just use normal
"make" for the first time. Then the compiler would create some precompiled
headers. After doing this, I could not find ant gch file for precompiled
header.