Re: Some success (was "Re: How do I use GNAT to develop an OS kernel?")

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 13:59 -0500, Tony Wetmore wrote:
> Luke A. Guest wrote:
>  > Well, I'm impressed with the response so far. Makes you feel
>  > like you're part of an Ada community.
>
> Luke,
>
> Sorry about the non-responsiveness to your query, but gcc-help is not an
> Ada community, as you have discovered.  Probably like most readers of
> gcc-help, I have never programmed in Ada, whether using GCC or not.

Well, I targetted this ml as there should (I would think) be the AdaCore
developers on this list. I was going to send it to the GCC list but
that's not for usage of the GNU compilers.

> I think that you would get a much better response if you were to target
> an Ada-specific mailing list or web site.  I did some searching in
> Google and Wikipedia and found a couple of worthwhile-looking "Ada
> Community" web sites:
>
>    http://www.sigada.org
>    http://www.adahome.com

Yes, I know of these sites.

> Through those sites, I am sure that you would be able to find a more
> suitable mailing list or discussion forum.  There does appear to be a

Really, there isn't and as my question concerned the use of the GNAT
compiler, this is the correct place to ask.

> newsgroup dedicated to Ada as well: comp.lang.ada.  I do not know if
> there is much traffic there, since I have never read it.

No again, there aren't enough people there who are looking into or have
looked into this particular area of use with GNAT.

> Good luck with your project, it does sound interesting.  Just entirely
> outside the scope of my experience and (current) interest.

Thanks for the reply.

Luke.