Re: Cross-build for x86_64-pc-mingw32

On Dec 1, 2007 1:38 PM, FX Coudert <fxcoudert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, thanks a lot for the explanation. I grepped for gcc_no_link and
> found that crt2.o was not found, because the latest mingw-win64 crt
> puts it in lib64/ while GCC expect it to be in lib/. That brings two
> questions: 1. is the lib64/ choice final, and should GCC be modified
> to find libraries there? 2. has there been any attempt at building a
> multilib -m32/-m64 mingw compiler?

Moving the files from lib64 to lib is easy to do, though I'm not sure
what the correct location is (lib64 or lib).  We will be adding
multilib support soon, so this is a decision that will have impact.
Do we put 64-bit libraries in lib and 32-bit in lib32?  or 32-bit
libraries in lib and 64-bit in lib64?  Or use lib32 and lib64 and put
nothing in lib?  I know how to do each in terms of the build process,
but I don't know which is correct.