Re: __sync_lock_test_and_set on ARM

Hi David,

David Daney wrote:
Phil Endecott wrote:
This raises another issue, which is whether there is any way for code to determine which of the atomic builtins are provided, i.e. I'd like to write:

#if HAS__sync_lock_test_and_set
.. locking code using __sync_lock_test_and_set
#elseif HAS__sync_something_else
.. locking code using builtins that expand to LDREX and STREX
#else
#warn "no atomic ops, falling back to pthread mutex"
#endif

The proper symbol to test would be something like: __GCC_HAVE_SYNC_COMPARE_AND_SWAP_4 or __GCC_HAVE_SYNC_LOCK_TEST_AND_SET_4 they are automatically set by GCC when the builtin functions are available.

Really?  I don't see anything like that in the output of

gcc -dM -E - < /dev/null|grep -i sync
or
grep -R HAVE_SYNC /usr/include/

on my x86 system, which does have a selection of atomic builtins.

Regards,

Phil.