Re: ISO C90 Compiler Where to get it from ?

Hi Sontabar,

> Can anyone help me find or learn where to get ISO C90
> compiler so that I can compile GCC. I don't have any
> other compilers on that new machine.

The answer depends on what your new machine is, and the operating system it
runs.

For example, if your new machine is a Playstation 3 and your operating
system is Yellow Dog Linux, the GCC compiler is provided as part of the
distribution.  You can install that GCC compiler, download the GCC source,
and then compile your own GCC compiler using the distribution's GCC
compiler.

You might wonder "Why would I compile my own, if I can install theirs?"  One
reason is if theirs is GCC 3.3.2, and you want to use the active development
head GCC 4.3.0, then that would be one use case.

Or another use case scenario, if they provide GCC 4.2.0, and you need to
target GCC 3.1 for your product because it is a binary SDK which needs to
use an older compiler for distribution reasons.

Or another use case is that you only trust things you build.

Or just for the educational experience.

HTH,
--Eljay