Re: Helping out the Vectorizer

On 8/14/07, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get more of my code to vectorize, but very few of the loops
> do. ICC (sorry for mentioning it, don't mean to offend anyone) manages to
> vectorize all of the loops in my code, so it is doable (and succeeding
> seems to yield a speed-up of 5-10x!).
>
> Is there a way to help out the vectorizer with pragmas and suchlike, to
> resolve possible misperceived vector dependence issues?

For starters, it would help to tell us which version of GCC you are trying with.
Second, your code doesn't compile as you've written it, so i can't
diagnose more without you fixing it :)
Third, even with some modifications to make it compile, your class
isn't used, so we wouldn't bother to compile it.

Without a complete, working, example, I can't help more.