Re: configure warning - test: too many arguments

NightStrike <nightstrike@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Whenever I do a make all-gcc, I get the following warning a portion of
> the way through the process:
>
> /cygdrive/m/build/gcc-core/gcc/gcc/configure: line 14040: test: too
> many arguments
>
> Any pointers as to where to start to troubleshoot that?

What does that line look like in the sources that you are using?

Given the reference to "test", this most likely means that some shell
variable was expected to have a value, but turned out to be empty.

To figure out precisely what is happening, add a line "set -xv" near
the start of the configure file.  That will cause the shell to dump
out each command before it is executed, and to dump out each variable
when it is set.  You can use that to see what the shell things that
the command looks like, and to see what the variable values were set
to.

Ian