Crosstools and dynamic libraries

Hi everyone.

I have installed crosstools 0.4 and eldk (which includes crosstools 0.3) and I have tried to produce executable code for my embedded linux system with the cross-gcc they provided me. The problem I face is that although I use successfully the cross compilers to compile  a a "hello_world" program:

powerpc-linux-gcc  -o  hello_world  hello_world.c

when I try to run it on my target system I get the following error:
bash$./hello_world
./hello_world: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __libc_start_main

I know that I am supposed to export to my target system the dynamic libraries I need. The problem is that I cannot find the libraries neither in crosstools directory nor in eldk dir. Where are they? Did not they created when the crosstools or eldk installed? Do I have to install or make anything else I have not understood?
Furthermore when I give ldd hello_world in my host platform I get the message:
 not a dynamic executable

where in my target system I get
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x30000000)
        /lib/ld.so.1 => /lib/ld.so.1 (0x08000000)

Any help is valuable as I have stack here for a long time.
Thanks in advance
Sotirakopoulos Andreas

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/