RE: Assign pointers of different objects to the same pointer

Hi!

Use void*:

MyType1* var1;
void* ptr;

ptr = var1;

// C-Style cast
var1 = (MyType1*)ptr;

// Dynamic cast, checks types at runtime
var1 = dynamic_cast<MyType1*>(ptr);

// Reinterpret cast does the same as C-Style cast (at least i think so)
var1 = reinterpret_cast<MyType1*>(ptr);

Also you may want to look at the other *_cast operators (static_cast,
etc)...

Sorry, i don't want to insult you, but this made me laugh ;o)

Cheers, Markus

--

Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz