Re: Question on warnings for compiling gcc from svn source

NightStrike wrote:
I am building a cross compiler, and I'm not good at it, so it requires
many tries with different options.  The outcome is that I spend a lot
of time looking at output from the various compiles I keep doing.  I
am curious.. there are a number of warnings for things that seem
trivial to fix... Does anyone go and fix these things?  For instance,
the file libiberty/argv.c has a variable "int ret" defined at line 313
that is never used, and this triggers a warning.  Sure enough, the
variable is never used (that I can see from the source).  Are things
like that monitored and cleaned up?
Being open source software, GCC relies on volunteers. You can do a couple of things:

1) Submit a patch to correct the problem following the procedures on the gcc.gnu.org web site.
2) File a bug report in the GCC bugzilla at the same site.

Failing either of those options, someone that sees your message might fix it.

In any event thanks for reporting it.

David Daney.