Re: Help compiling gcc 4.2.0

Lee Rhodes wrote:

> Before each of the each of the test sections (gcc, g++, libstdc++ ) I get a
> "WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file", but the test continues so I
> ingored the warning.

That's not a an actual problem, just noise from dejagnu.

> However, during the libstdc++ tests I get about 40
>   "FAIL ... *** fatal error - called with threadlist_ix -1".

That would be either a bug in Cygwin, a bug in the compiler, or a bug in
the library, the kind of thing somebody needs to investigate and figure
out what the problem is (and the entire purpose of having a testsuite in
the first place...)

> make[4]: *** [check-DEJAGNU] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/rhodes/src/gcc-obj/i686-pc-cygwin/libstdc++-v3/testsuite'
> make[3]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[3]: Target `check' not remade because of errors.

This is all just standard 'make' output whenever a rule returns nonzero
result code, and it's exactly why you use -k when running the testsuite,
since otherwise it would stop at the first testsuite that had any FAILs
which would not be very useful at all.  Other than indicating that the
tests in that directory weren't 100% PASS/XFAIL, this means nothing.

Brian