Re: Help compiling gcc 4.2.0

Brian,
  Thanks!  You were right. I had used Winzip to unpack the tarballs! I
unpacked using tar and the compile of C and C++  completed after 2 hrs and
45 min.  Testing with 'make check-gcc', with the following results:

		=== gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes		43665
# of unexpected failures	14
# of unexpected successes	1
# of expected failures		114
# of untested testcases		35
# of unsupported tests		361
/src/gcc-obj/gcc/xgcc  version 4.2.0

		=== g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes		13574
# of unexpected failures	26
# of unexpected successes	3
# of expected failures		66
# of unsupported tests		168
/src/gcc-obj/gcc/testsuite/g++/../../g++  version 4.2.0

How should I interpret the above?  In searching the gcc.log and g++.log
files I did not find undefined references to _ungetc, __srget_r (wrt
msg00948.html below), but did find a few other undefined references that did
result in FAILs: e.g., _mcount,__monstartup.

I don't have "Mail:" configured in cygwin so I can't use the test_summary
script.  Can I tar.gz up the gcc.sum, gcc.log, g++.sum, g++.log files and
send it to gcc-testresults@xxxxxxxxxxx?  Or is there a particular structure
for these results.

Thanks for the help

Lee.

P.S. Sorry about the dual post, I didn't realize the lists were connected.