Re: 'const' with double indirection

Jacob van der Woude writes:

 > I'm not sure if the following is a compiler issue or a language/standard
 > misunderstandig my side.
 > (And I hope that in general this all is understood, English is not my native
 > language.)

cdecl> explain const int * const * const List
declare List as const pointer to const pointer to const int
cdecl> explain int * const * const List
declare List as const pointer to const pointer to int

So the question is whether these types are compatible.  This can
easily be answered by reference to the standard:

6.7.3 Para 9:  "For two qualified types to be compatible, both shall
have the identically qualified version of a compatible type; the order
of type qualifiers ... does not affect the specified type."

Andrew.