Re: problem with gcc/gcj compiled program

Knight, Lloyd writes:
 > i found this email address on this page:
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.6/gcc/Service.html#Service
 > indicating i could email questions regarding usage of gcc.
 >
 > i have installed gcc3.4.6 in order to compile the gpl software, pdftk on
 > solaris8.
 > pdftk requires gcj.   after jumping through many hoops, i finally
 > got pdftk to compile then finally link with g++.
 >
 > the problem i have now is when i run pdftk i get:
 > Cant fork daemon
 > Core Dump
 >
 > can anyone give me some clues on what may be wrong or
 > how to proceed? i realize there are many specifics i have omitted,
 > but i can provide these if there is someone there to help.

Goodness.  This might get complicated.  There is any number of things
that might have gone wrong, and you've given us very little to go on.
To start with, you'd better break out your trusty debugger and set a
breakpoint when the first error message is emitted.  Find out the
error that led to the "Cant fork daemon" message.

Andrew.