Re: arm-elf-gcc shared flat support

Hi

Thank you for your support,Any suggestions on how can we make all
function calls via GOT rather than "bl".

Vivek Tyagi

On 3/31/07, Paul Brook <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the ELF file generated by the cross compiler tool chain(here
> arm-elf-gcc).Now the flat files do not have a PLT .They are very
>
> simple format with TEXT:GOT:DATA:RELCO sections(in that order).so IMHO  the
> generic linker modification for PLT sequences cannot be done.

Sure it can. The dynamic loader doesn't need to know or care about the plt.
It's produced entirely by the static linker.

> now the object files would be linked as
> arm-elf-gcc exe.o -Wl,-R,shared-lib.o

Relying on ld -R to build sounds like a fairly bad idea.

Also, as you're designing something new, you really should make it EABI based
(http://www.arm.com/products/DevTools/ABI.html). That describes a model for
generating ELF images, and using a postlinker to generate target binaries
(Probably bFLT in this case).

Paul