Re: Embedded arm-elf-gcc

jbousch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm currently working in a company, as embedded developper, which use gnu
> tools. I have a good experience about non gnu compiler tools and i need
> help because the most disavantage of gcc compiler is the almost unexistant
> support for developper.
>
> I work on an embedded software for an ARM7TDMI target processor (Phillips
> LPC 2214) and i have to locate the software in the target. So here comes
> the link command file (arm.ln) with wich i am supposed to set the memory
> map. The thing is that i can't find any tutorial about link comand file so
> i don't know how to write it manually.
>
> If anybody knows something about link comand file or any book or web site
> reference i would apreciate it a lot.

Please send questions only to gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx, not also to
gcc@xxxxxxxx  Thanks.

First let me say that there are several companies which sell support
for developers using the GNU tools.  If you want support, it is
available.

The link command file is described in the linker manual.  The linker
is not part of gcc; it is part of the GNU binutils.  Here is the
online version of the documentation for version 2.17:
    http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.17/ld/index.html

Ian