RE: Starting programs How?

Hi Bob,

Here's my recommendation.

Download the Cygwin SETUP.EXE (www.cygwin.com).

Run the SETUP.EXE and make sure you install GCC (whichever languages you want).

If you want to target Windows, install the MinGW facilities.  If you want to target the Unix-like Cygwin environment, you don't need MinGW.

I use Vim for my editor, and GNU Make for my projects.  If you prefer an IDE type of environment, there are several available, but I'm not familiar with them.

HTH,
--Eljay