Re: _bit_scan_forward

Sorry Ian,

it is not the right answer.
This function is in the libstc++ library, so I supposed I just could use it.
I found the library on my system.

21 Mar 2007 07:29:43 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx>:
"Feike Boomstra" <f.p.boomstra@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am new to Linux, I am using Kubuntu (AMD64) with KDevelop. I try to
> migrate a VC++ project to Linux. I am having problems with the
> built-in function _Bit_scan_forward.
>
> 1) I can't find a headerfile defining this function.
> 2) If I define it myself, I get a link error: unresolved reference

If that function does what I think it does, then the Unix equivalent
would be ffs.

If that is the right answer, then this is not a gcc question, it is a
Windows to Unix porting question.  This is probably not the best
mailing list to ask such questions, as we are unlikely to know the
answer.

Ian