RE: GCC cross from ia64 to hppa-hpux

Andrew Haley <mailto:aph@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Duft Markus writes:
>  > Andrew Haley <> wrote:
>  > > Duft Markus writes:
>  > >
>  > >  > I'm currently looking into building a cross-compiler which
>  runs on > >  > ia64-hp-hpux11.23 and targets hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11.
>  Has there been > >  > anything like it?
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Currently i don't even get binutils built, so any help would
>  be > >  really > cool.
>  > >
>  > > Well, obviously you'll need a full set of target libraries and
>  > > cross-target binutils.  Beyond that, I'm, not aware of any
>  special > > problems.  Just configure and go.
>  >
>  > OK, i have the libraries, but is there a binutils how-to
>  somewhere? I > built cross-binutils for solaris9, solaris10 and
>  linux, but HP PA HP-UX > is somehow a problem..... *arg*
>
> Everything to do with cross-HPUX always seems to be a problem.  :-)
>
> If you can't figure out how to get binutils built I think you'll just
> have to ask the binutils list.  It's certainly way off-topic here.

them through ;o) just copied one header to my local sources, and it
worked ... *arg* hack, hack...

Now gcc allready bootstraps ;o) i hope things go fine, so thanks for the
quick help / comment ...

For anybody interested: just copy (from the target platform, so
hppa-hpux) from /usr/include/machine/reg.h to the binutils source:
$src/bfd/machine/reg.h. the set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to include
-DHOST_HPPAHPUX and binutils build fine... I have no plan if they
actually *work* too ;o//

Cheers, Markus