Re: how to cast away 'volatile'?

Andrew Haley wrote:
Matthew Woehlke writes:
So far no one has successfully answered my original question; how do I suppress these dang warnings? :-)

I did.  Maybe you didn't see it, or maybe you didn't like the
suggestion.

"Didn't see it"? I just re-read your posts; the only thing I see that might be a suggestion is "don't use volatile". So if there was something else, I must apologize, because I'm not finding it. :-)

Actually I realized the problem might be -Wcast-qual, does that cover implicit casts, explicit casts, or both? I probably added it to my old code because I didn't write most of it, and so don't trust it. :-) It may be that I have to live with it, and turn it off once I am satisfied that all the warnings it produces are innocuous? (Unless there is a way to tell gcc to make an exception?)

--
Matthew