help to includes header files

Hi,
I am a new user of gcc. I have written a simple program in which I am using stdio.h file. But compiler could not locate the path for the header files and it is giving error.
              stdio.h: No such file or directory
When I included the $GCC/include using option -I$GCC/include, it was giving error about the files (header) which were included in the stdio.h file.
              stdio.h:7: sys/feature_tests.h: No such file or directory
              stdio.h:15: stdio_iso_SUNWCC.h: No such file or directory

Is there any option which look at all the directories for headers ? If I am not wrong, this option can be given during installation. Can it be? Are these header files linked with libraries ?
Please give me suggestion to solve this problem.
Thanks

--
Parmar Sunil