Re: gcc does nothing

Bogus Bill wrote:

> I just installed gcc under Cygwin.  I tried to compile the requisite "Hello,
> world!" program, but gcc didn't give any messages, nor generate any output.
> Here are the specifics:

It would be better to post this to the Cygwin mailing list, and include
the cygcheck output, without which we can only guess about your
configuration.  The most likely cause is you are missing a required
package.  You can check for missing DLLs with "cygcheck /usr/bin/gcc".
But setup should have included all required packages when you selected
gcc.  But again, without cygcheck output, all we can do is guess.

> P.S.:  I've also tried g++ and c++ instead of gcc, to no avail.

It is required to use the g++ driver when compiling C++ code.  Not that
that necessarily matters here.

Brian