cross compiler building

Hiiiiiii,

 I tried building gcc-3.x cross compiler but i am
getting some error.My procedure was:

1.Build and install binutils-2.10 for the same target
in the same directory where I will install gcc.
The above step was done successfully as I have got
binaries for the cross assembler,linker,archiver etc.
in the same directory.

2.When I build (configure) gcc using the same target
and by giving absolute path of these cross
assembler,linker etc,I got some error like:
      i***-unknown-coff-ar: Command not found.

Can anyone please tell me wheteher my procedure is
correct nd if so,then where is the problem??

Thanks
Arpit

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/