Re: Is there a free substitute for Flexilint?

On 3/1/07, Christian Convey <christian.convey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks.  So your basic point is use "-Wall", and filter as needed?

-Wall doesn't get you everything.  You'll likely want -Wextra and some
specialty ones too.

If so, do you have any sense of how big the gap is between that
approach and what FlexiLint does for me? (I realize this is a hard
thing to quantify.)

I've usually been fairly impressed with GCC's warnings, but afaik it
doesn't do much looking for stylistic things.  Of course, the
existance of -Weffc++ suggests that it might be there if you find the
right argument, so you might be pleasantly surprised.

YYMV,
Scott McMurray