Re: Missing file in GCC build

Noorez Kassam wrote:
I am attempting to build the gcc system however, i received the
following error on the 'make' stage of the build. Here is a snippet
from the build progress..

/bin/sh: cannot open kinds.h: No such file
make[2]: *** [kinds.inc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/noorez/Desktop/objdir/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgfortran'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libgfortran] Error 2

If you search the archives of the gfortran mail list, you should see discussion of several ways in which generation of kinds.h for libgfortran has been seen to fail. Almost certainly, this is a consequence of a problem which should have been indicated earlier in your build. Correctly updating your gmp and mpfr installations is among the necessary steps. Among other things, the details depend on which version of gcc it is, which you didn't care to reveal, and I would as soon not hear about.