Re: regarding autovectorization and prefetching

ranjith kumar wrote:
1) gcc manuals says -fprefetch-loop-arrays option
inserts prefetch instructions automatically.
Where can I get an example .c program for which gcc
inserts prefetching instruction.

2) Similarly to the autovectorization.
Thanks in advance.

You might specify what target you are interested in. As x86-64 targets do better with hardware prefetch than software prefetch, for the simple cases, I don't find the latter so interesting. There are test cases for -ftree-vectorize in the testsuite, both in the language parts and the tree-lang testsuite. gfortran-4.3 does a consistently good job on vectorization of the simple cases. gcc vectorizes effectively several of the gfortran library functions, including matmul.