Re: list of optimizations done by -O1 level

ranjith kumar writes:

 > --- Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 >
 > > ranjith kumar writes:
 > >  >
 > >  >
 > >  > Is there any way to find list of optimizations
 > > enabled
 > >  > by -O1?
 > >
 > > -fverbose-asm.  The list is in the top of the .s
 > > file.
 > No. That option shows some list of optimizations.

It is the list of optimization passes that were run.

 > But when I compiled with all those list of
 > optimizations instead of -O1, the effetct was not
 > same.

Quite a lot of optimizations are controlled by "if (optimize)",
regardless of what list of passes was supplied.

There is no list of optimizations that you can supply to gcc that will
replicate the effect of -O1.

Andrew.