Re: AIX Cross compile on Mac OS X

Perry Smith wrote:
I will try changing the make to 'make all-gcc'.
This was the "GCC build" still in 'gcc-2.8.1', 'libiberty', 'libstdc++' etc. not belonging to "GCC" ! Nowadays it seems to hard to believe that the subdirectory "gcc" is what should be called as "GCC", the rest being "extra", produced after "GCC is ready"! Although the directory name itself is the clue.

Anyway "make all-gcc ; make install-gcc' builds and installs "only GCC". After that it is possible to test how well the new compiler works, for instance by compiling and linking the "Hello World". If this doesn't work, it is quite vain to try 'libiberty' and 'libstdc++' yet. But one should fix the headers, libraries etc. so that producing simple executables will work. The libiberty and libstdc++-v3 configure system tries compiling and linking some simple apps when investigating the target C library

As far as the "system headers", I basically copied /usr/include from the AIX host and put it into /Users/pedz/Projects/aix-roots/5.3 and then I set --with-sysroot equal to the base of that. I had to fix a few symbolic links after the copy. As far as I know, that is all the headers that gcc needs but I'm not sure.
Trying a "Hello World" with the "preliminary" GCC without libiberty and libstdc++ yet, would tell something about the situation.... The '$target/libiberty/config.log' or the '$target/libstdc++-v3/config.log' will tell what happened during the configure in question, where it failed....