Re: Misalignment of local SSE variables in thread function

Timothy C Prince wrote:

> I suppose it helps a little, because broken binutils I have seen had older versions than that.  Somewhere along the line, if you said what environment you were using, I missed it.  It looks like others have figured out you were using mingw32, with which I have relatively little experience.  I haven't looked to see whether mingw binutils is generally built with only 4-byte alignment support, as cygwin used to be.  Not only did that break SSE, it made doubles slow.

I don't think binutils is of any relevance in this case because the
problem revolves around the alignment of the stack created by a call to
CreateThread at runtime, and has nothing to do with the alignment of
text/data/bss sections set by the linker in the binary.  The only reason
it isn't a problem in the main thread is because the MinGW startup takes
care of setting the alignment before calling main.

Brian