Objects tied in by Linker

Hi,

I am compiling a Java Sources with gcj to native machine code for a mips target and our project is using Greenhills compiler, so I have to use Greenhills to compile the rest of the project and to link the whole thing. The problem is, that in Greenhills I get in the moment about 40 errors because of unresolved symbols, even when providing all the libraries I use with gnu-linker.

To track that down I started to analyze which objects GNU is pulling into the final binary when linking with GNU. I used the -M option of the Linker to get this Information. When searching through the output of the linker I find hundreds of objects pulled in, but searching for the symbols Greenhills can't find I get no lines showing me some objects, but only lines like that one:
0x00(..)07de3b0		__fixsfdi@@GCC_3.0
0x00(..)07deac0		_Unwind_Resume@@GCC_3.0

Or some symbols are even missing.

I really can't understand that, because I think Greenhills linker should need the same symbols as GNU. Or am I on the wrong way to find out where GNU resolves these symbols?

Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Lehner

Siemens AG
Automation and Drives
Industrial Automation Systems
A&D AS RD
Werner-von-Siemens Str. 50
92224 Amberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 9621 80-5209
michael.lehner@xxxxxxxxxxx

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Heinrich v. Pierer;
Vorstand: Klaus Kleinfeld, Vorsitzender; Johannes Feldmayer, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Jürgen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Klaus Wucherer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München
Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322