Re: Just the "Compile" button!

Andrew Haley wrote:
 please?

> I had to do a web search to find out what X-code is.  Apparently it's
> something to do with an Apple GUI: it's certainly nothing to do with
> gcc.

It is true this is not the appropriate mailing list for XCode questions, but saying XCode has nothing to do with gcc is a little wrong...

XCode is Apple's IDE, which uses gcc to compile C, C++, and Objective C projects (XCode also does Java).  In fact OS X does not have gcc installed by default - the typical way to install gcc on an Apple is to install the optinal XCode package.

Glen L. Beane
Software Engineer II
The Jackson Laboratory
www.jax.org