Compiler Directives for Suppressing Warnings

I have a very large codebase that I've updated for compilation with GCC 4.1.
Everything compiles and runs fine, but I get lots of nit-picky warnings.  I
don't want to disable all warnings, but would like the compiler to suppress
warnings for specific lines or blocks of code.  Is there a compiler
directive that accomplishes this?  I know there are many commandline options
(-W options) that suppress specific types of warnings, but I'd like to
suppress warnings in certain parts of my code.  Does GCC offer a way to do
this?