Re: GCC 4.1.0 vs 3.4.3 Compile Issue

John Doe wrote:

>  I'm facing an "invalid lvalue in assignment" compile error when using
> the Codesourcery ARM 4.1.1 toolchain, and was wondering if someone
> could kindly point out any tips on what I could do to resolve the
> problem ... the exact same code builds fine when compiled with the ARM
> MVL 3.4.3 toolchain.  The text below includes the gcc version and
> build output for both toolchains.

Read the release notes for changes.  In particular
<http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/changes.html> states that:

> The cast-as-lvalue, conditional-expression-as-lvalue and
> compound-expression-as-lvalue extensions, which were deprecated
> in 3.3.4 and 3.4, have been removed.

If this is what is causing the error then you need to update the code to
remove this deprecated construct.  But keep in mind this is only a
guess; without seeing the input that causes the error nobody will really
be able to tell you much.

> VideoDec_Utils.c: In function 'VIDDEC_HandleCommand':
> VideoDec_Utils.c:790: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
> VideoDec_Utils.c:681: warning: unused variable 'i'

Brian