Output of (estimated) remaining compile time for huge source files

Hi everybody,

I am using gcc 4.1.2 (Debian Linux Etch) on a Pentium 4.
I have a code generator that generates really huge C source code files
(up to 5-8 MByte source code in a single file) that have to be compiled with gcc 4.1.2.
However, the compilation of this huge C source files takes really long,
sometimes up to 1 hour for a single file.
Unfortunately I do not get any feedback about the current progress of gcc once
it is started.
My question is now, is it somehow possible to force gcc to print out regularly
a progress information (like: estimated percentage done or the steps that
are already done and still have to be done or something else)?

I have not found any information about that in the gcc documentation.

Thanks for any help on that issue.

Regards

Mathias

--
Mathias Koehrer
mathias_koehrer@xxxxxxxx

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2