Re: Standart ISO/IEC 14882:2003

Not that the requironments are impossible to meet - Other programming
languages can meet then (i.E: all Ada generics are "export" since 1983 and
all Ada vendors where able to implent it). There is just no interest. The
answer you got from Dima Sorkin shows it. No word about the standart -
just "get the code fixed".

Martin
Hi.
In my message I just tried to understand whether the problem is simplier,
and can be solved given the means.

There is a huge interest. For example: when I first started using templates
in some project, I used "export" and then (when first compiled)
it came to me that it is not implemented :). I was very upset that I need to put
templates in special headers, or to manage their instantiations by myself.

I think the problem is much in the effort and the risk it involves, to
implement such a features timely. Not much people are qualified
enough and have time to advance the gcc itself.

Regards,
Dima.