Re: Exception Specifications

Hi Perry,

> Of course, the code produced catches that at run time but I'm looking
> for something somehow to tag my functions so that "mistakes" like
> this are caught at compile time.  (Similar to what happened to you.
> I'm looking for a way to catch that at compile time.)  I wonder if g+
> + has a compile time flag to catch that.

Alas, no.  Nor do I know of any "C++ Lint" wholistic analysis tool that
provides that information.  (If anyone knows of such a tool, PLEASE share
that information!)

Java's exception scheme is a little more helpful (at compile time) for
abiding by the exception contract.  But C++ is not Java.  And even in Java
there are some caveats, and day-in-day-out Java programmers have their own
list of issues with Java's exception scheme; so it's no bed of roses over in
Java land either.

"If we used Java we wouldn't have these problems;
 we'd have all new problems!"

Sincerely,
--Eljay