Re: unwind problem when cross compiling

Luo Yong wrote:

> I'm trying to build an cross compiling environment on my i386 PC
> ../configure --target=arm-gnu-linux
>  I only have an bootstrap gcc so I can't build the libunwind library.
> How can I solve this problem?

Please just check your "attitude problem" and don't start from scratch!

A GCC build (native or cross) requires an existing ("suitable") C library
for the target, in order to get 'libgcc', 'libiberty', 'libstdc++-v3', 'libssp' etc. extra target libraries being built for the target and being in sync with
the C library...  Producing glibc may require this kind of "complete"
GCC...  So why to fight against  the windmills when many others don't?

So please download a prebuilt glibc for Linux/ARM, then produce your
"complete" cross GCC with it, then use it to compile your own glibc
and replace the downloaded "bootstrap" glibc with it.  And if being
suspicious, reproduce the GCC and the extra target libraries to be in sync
with your self-built glibc, and maybe reproduce the glibc and check that
the result is identical with the first build...   Then be happy and continue
with producing your own Linux/ARM system!

The crosstoolchain build is only the beginning in your job, so why to use
too much time in it?  Or toy with non-working "stripped and non-complete"
tools?