Tracking operator ==

Hello,

I have a fairly large codebase, and I want to track where two doubles
are being compared using the == operator. (Am ignoring implicit
conversions for now) I am looking at static analysis tools to do this,
but if that is not feasible, then I was wondering if the following would
work:

For each .C file, run gcc (3.2) with the -fdump-tree-original option and
then search in the tree for eq_expr and work out the types of the
operands.

I don't know anything about gcc's internal tree so I would like to ask
if there are any cases (like a chain of typedefs etc) where the above
will not work. Is there any other option to gcc that might be more
suitable?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Mayuresh.