help building cross compilation ia32 to ia64

Hello All,

We want to build cross compiler ia32 to ia64.
We have downloaded the following tar-balls from toolchain.org from i686 package:

upstream-binutils_20061029.orig.tar.gz
tco-gcc-20061029.inst.tar.gz
upstream-gdb_20061029.orig.tar.gz
Are these correct binaries or do we need to get them from ia64 package?
Do we need to download something else?
What are the steps for cross compilation after downloading the above tar-balls?
Do we need to have a certain combination of tools to build cross
compiler? If yes, have we downloaded the right combination?

Kindly  help!