Re: Valgrind - used gdb

Hi Neil

--- Neil Ferguson <nferguso@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Srivatsan Ramanujam wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> '-fno-inline' is a compiler flag, not a Valgrind
> flag. It tells the compiler
> not to inline anything, which should hopefully give
> you a deeper, but more
> informative stack trace in your debugger.
>
> You'll need to add it to your build setup somehow -
> set CFLAGS in your
> environment, for example, or edit your Makefile.

yeah I figured that out and tried doing that...not
much help.

> An algorithm expert should be *exactly* the person
> to break an algorithm into
> tractable subcomponents.

true...but those are beyond my control :-)
ppl join and leave organisations backhere all too
frequently. :-)

> If you can't compile with '-fno-inline', you're
> going to have to go with one
> of the divide-and-conquer approaches John described.
> There's nothing else you
> can do in a situation like this.
>
> Neil.

thanks again,.....well i am left then with only that
option....shall try doing that.

vatsan.

"MAN'S EGO IS THE FOUNTAINHEAD OF HUMAN PROGRESS"
                                          Ayn Rand.