Re: Problem building gcc 4.1.1 (fortran) in MinGW

Wolfgang0815@xxxxxx wrote:

> * Execute "tar xjvf gcc-4.1.1.tar.bz2"
> * Execute "cd gcc-4.1.1"
> * Execute "./configure  --prefix=/mingw
>                         --with-ld=/mingw/bin/ld
>                         --enable-languages=fortran"

I see two potential problems with this.  One, you are always supposed to
do a VPATH build when building gcc (that is, build_dir outside of -- and
not even as a subdir of -- src_dir) and second, the C compiler is always
required AFAIK so you should use --enable-languages=c,fortran, though
the configure probably enables C anyway if not specified.

But I'm not sure either of those are responsible for the failure you've
encountered.  I highly encourage you to take a look at the
gcc-x.y.z-build.sh script for the current 3.4.5 gcc packages in the SF
file release page.  This tells you the configure and make steps
currently used by Danny to build the existing production gcc mingw
binaries.

Brian