Re: how to generate code-loops

David Livshin wrote:
Brian Budge wrote:
Hi David -

a)  It looks like a loop to me.
No it is not a loop, at least not a loop I would like to have. Perhaps I had to mention this in my message, but the boy of the "loop" should be a basic block ( no jump to/from it ) - the code generated is not a such.
b)  You instructed the compiler to unroll all loops, which is
apparently what it did.

When you ask gcc to unroll a loop, without vectorization, it will jump in at the appropriate point, rather than using a remainder loop. If you are serious about wanting some other style, you could write out the details, including a main loop which works in dictated groups of 8 iterations.