Compiling from alternate root prefix.

Hello everybody,

I have what's hopefully a simple question. I'd like to compile/link with a gcc installation descending from an alternate root directory. Specifically, I have an OpenBSD system at "/" and an emulated Linux directory at "/emul/linux/". The linux system has a fully-working compilation environment (tested many times). I'd like to compile a simple application using the "/emul/linux/"-prefixed base. I've gotten compilation working, but linking fails:

/emul/linux/usr/bin/gcc -I../include -nostdinc \
	-isystem /emul/linux/usr/local/include \
-isystem /emul/linux/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2/include/ \
	-isystem /emul/linux/usr/include \
	-static test.c

Linking of any sort fails. Is there an argument that I've missed in the documentation, which specifies alternate roots? I've been using -B and -L on relevant directories, to the point of trying to manually run collect2 (running everything with -v and making sure all paths have been set correctly). No dice.

Thank you! Please CC this address (kristaps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) in the event of responses. Thanks again.

Be good,
  Kristaps