RE: gcc and linking problems?

Hugh Sasse wrote:

A few quick ideas, I don't have time to look into this right now:

> > That's the offset in object file section where it's encountering
> > the  error, analogous to the line number GCC prints when you have
> > a source error.
>
> OK.

I forgot to mention: I think it'll turn that offset back into a line-number
if you generate debug info (-g). But I'm not 100% about that.

> /usr/ccs/bin/nm: libfftw3.la: invalid file type

This might be the problem: .la files are linker scripts and usually contain
full paths to the .a files they're referencing. If you didn't build this
yourself, or if you moved these files around the disk, then the .la file
might contain a bad path which is confusing GNU ld. I can't remember if the
Sun linker uses .las or if it's just a GNU linker thing.

Have you tried using the Sun linker to link the GCC output?

Rup.