Specifiying alternatives to .data .bss in C source files

Hello,

The old diab compiler that I am in the process of replacing with GCC supports
the following  ...

	// preserve variables across wakeup
	#pragma section DATA ".dataW" ".bssW" far-absolute
	#pragma section SDATA ".sdataW" ".sbssW" far-absolute

... which causes the compiler to put stuff normally destined for .data, .bss,
.sdata and .sbss into different input sections (.dataW, .sdataW, .bassW,
.sbssW).

We do this because our hardware can start cold, or warm, or 'wake from sleep'
and we don't always want to initialise variables.

Could someone please advise me as to how I can get GCC to do the same thing?

Thanks,

	Jeff