Re: Gcc+binutils+libc cross-compiling: path to libc.so.6 malformed in "ld".

Kaz Kylheku kirjoitti:
Kai Ruottu wrote: What I have thought being the aim in producing a "normal" glibc,
one which should work both as a "native" glibc, and as a "cross"
glibc, is using the '--prefix=/usr'.

In my case, my native system is x86, and the cross one is MIPS.
The "native" platform I meaned of course was the "target"
Linux/MIPS !  How you could think I maybe meaning anything
else?

When you produce a totally normal glibc for any Linux, it is
always configured using '--prefix=/usr',  whether you build
it natively or cross-building it!  The aim for the build is to
install it later onto the "native" target platform, or otherwise
the build is vain... If the target system already has its original
glibc, then of course that should be used, not trying to "reinvent
the wheel" !  People build only things which are still missing,
and not try to make any duplicates (= fully identical being the
requirement here because of possible remote debugging - all
the memory addresses in the libs on the cross host and on the
target system must be identical).

The main goal with the '--with-sysroot=' therefore should be
to make this use of identical library stuff on both the cross host
and on the target system, as easy as possible !  That "alien"
stuff cannot be put into any "host" places, but a '$sysroot' like
'/opt/host-mips-linux-gnu' can be used always...