Re: GDB - insert breakpoint in a subroutine

GDB questions are better sent to the GDB mailing list,
gdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, not GCC-help.

You probably also want to provide a bit more information,
such as your environment (architecture, OS, gdb version),
the language you are using (C? C++?) and perhaps the first
lines of the subroutine.  Also the exact text of the command
you entered and the exact text of the error message you
received from gdb.

victor marian wrote:
How can I set a breakpoint when entering a subroutine
 in gdb?
 break function
     inserts a breakpoint in a function
     If I enter a subroutine it says the
subroutine is not recognised.

                                   Thank you

Victor MARIAN
Department of Machine Elements and Tribology
University Politehnica of Bucharest
Spl. Indepentendei 313
060042 Bucharest
ROMANIA