Re: An article I alluded to

Daniel Lohmann <daniel.lohmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Well, it may be not just about speed. On small embedded systems, for
> instance, it is often required to be as thrifty as possible with the
> stack. Therefore embedded system developers tend to prefer global
> (static) over local (auto) variables

You mean on systems with special dedicated stack memory (DSPs?)?

If the stack just uses general memory (as is the case for all the
embedded processors I work with), using "static" for local variables is
going to generally require _more_ memory than using the stack...

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)